Friday, January 21, 2011

Bangers: Keisha Knight Pulliam Talks About Relationships…”I Don’t Know If There Is A Lack Of Good Black Men”


Lil banger Keisha Knight Pulliam recently shared her thoughts on dating, good men, and relationships:
Since you were in the spotlight at such an early age, was it difficult dating and trusting guys who were really into you and not just hanging on because of what you’ve achieved?
Sometimes you get people who just want to hang around because of what I’ve done. But as you get older, dating is about finding the diamond in the rough. God made me so I’m sure he made my counterpart. I’m patient. Until it’s time, I want to work on me and we will meet when we are supposed to.
You see so much information about there not being enough available black men for women. From your experience, do you think that is true or is it something being perpetuated by the media?
I don’t know if there is a lack of good men. But when you haven’t taken the time to know yourself and articulate what you want in a relationship, you can’t possible find that person for you because you don’t know what you’re looking for. Most times, if you don’t have yourself together, it’s not going to work.
What’s the best way for women to approach relationships?
The best thing is to be who you are. At times, people try to be who they think the other person wants them to be. And if that’s the case, that’s not the person for you. You should be able to be exactly who you are. You have to love yourself first. You can’t love anyone more than you love yourself. And you should have fun. I would rather laugh and enjoy myself than fight all of the time. You can articulate your point without arguing. Relationships should not be a struggle. When you’re constantly fighting, you should just keep it moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment